AUSTRALIAN STANDARD | Custom Size & Waste Outlet Position
CUT TO SIZE, CUSTOM Midnight Black Indoor, Outdoor & Wet Area Floor Tile Insert
Lifetime Rustproof Warranty
LAUXES ‘Cellini’ Floor Grates
Product Code: MSTI
- Custom length floor tile insert – charged per 100mm, please purchase how many 100mm lengths you need.
We will cut AS ONE LENGTH to the total number of 100mm lengths purchased.
(e.g a 900mm length is required, you need to purchase 9 as 9x100mm is 900mm)
- If the length required is not a standard size length – please round up to the nearest 100mm and leave a note when checking out with the actual length required
(e.g a 975mm length is required, you need to purchase 10 as 10x100mm is 1000mm after rounding up – leave a note in the checkout for 975mm)
- Suitable for tiles up to 11mm thick
- Brushed black finish (also available in a brushed silver finish)
- Made from triple anodised aluminium for a robust, cost effective and versatile drainage solution
- Why choose triple anodised aluminium over stainless steel? The majority of stainless steel grates/drains come from China where the minimum quality to be used for wet ares is 316, there is a huge amount of 304 stainless steel grains and grates getting around which will start to rust within a month.
Aluminium metal is an active metal that oxides very quickly – while this is a weakness for most metals, this quality is actually the key to its ability to resist corrosion as aluminium reacts very quickly to form aluminium oxide. This aluminium oxide layer is chemically bound to the surface and it seals the core aluminium body for any further reaction. The more that aluminium is oxidised, the better, hence the triple anodising process used.
- The anodising process protects the aluminium from corroding as it adds there layers of protection to the product hence the lifetime rustproof guarantee
- Suitable for use in bathrooms, showers, swimming pools and toilets – any indoor or outdoor wet area
- Available in lengths up to 5.6m (ability to extend further using joiners)
- Custom waste outlet position – no major plumbing involved as waste can be positioned anywhere along the bottom tray
- Please note the waste hole is not drilled in the bottom tray – please advise if this is required (additional fees apply)
A bi-metal hole saw can be used to cut the drainage hole – please ask your plumber/builder
- Easy to cut to desired length (if required)
- Easy to clean (easy roll out system)
- No welding required
- Includes: 1 x tile insert, 2 x end caps and 1 x 50mm or 80mm waste
- A high strength bonding silicone in non-acetic is recommended
- Australian Standards and watermarked with a lifetime rustproof warranty
- WaterMark Certification 022370 in accordance with WMTS – 040
- Installation MUST be by a licensed plumber and in accordance with AS/NZA 3500.2
HOW TO USE
For ease of cutting Lauxes grates, we recommend the use of a compound mitre saw fitted with a multi-material cutting blade 80 tooth or more. A compact drill with a bi-metal hole saw is more than adequate for drilling a hole for the waste outlet.
- Cut the bottom tray 3mm shorter than desired length to allow end caps to be fitted.
- Cut the top grate 1mm shorter than the bottom tray to allow for easy roll in of top grate and tidy fit.
- Using the suitable size bi-metal hole saw for your pop waste, drill out the hole at the required position to align with the waste pipe in the floor.
- Insert the end caps into the bottom tray and secure with a bead of silicone on the inside of the tray.
- Place silicone around the lip of the pop waste and secure to the underside of the bottom tray at the recently drilled hole.
||Triple Anodised Aluminium
Free postage to most major Australian cities available for lengths up to 2 metres.
Additional postage fees will apply to lengths exceeding 2 metres.
All items are checked prior to dispatch to ensure goods are in perfect condition. Any breakages or damage during transit and/or on arrival must be claimed with your courier/freight service as soon as possible. We recommend checking the items prior to signing whenever possible. Transit insurance for fragile and heavy items is highly encouraged, in particular for loose packages (i.e not on a pallet).
LOCAL PICK UP AVAILABLE — We are open to the public, visit our showroom: 6-8 Hampstead Rd, Auburn 2144 NSW
As this item is cut to size to a custom length, no returns are accepted for change of mind or incorrect sizing. Please ensure the length/quantity purchased is correct and that the length/product suits your purpose prior to purchasing.
* Product images are for illustrative purposes only. We try our best to ensure that every product and colour shade is accurately represented online however there may be instances where the actual product may differ slightly due to differences in photographic lighting and/or monitor/screen quality & configurations.
** All products must be checked for any visible damage prior to installation – installation is deemed as accepting the condition of the product. Warranty does not cover faults caused by normal wear and tear, improper use, lack of maintenance, incorrect installation or part installation by any person other than a licensed plumber.